Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
What if I am planning to retire?
First, you will need to decide on your retirement effective date. In general, your Pension Effective Date (view explainer video) will be the first of the month following this date. Then, follow these steps:
- Complete your application online (login required) or request a pension application from the Fund Office up to 180 days before your retirement effective date.
- Select your pension payment options when completing your application.
- Sign where required and have signature notarized if required.
- Provide official copies of all documents requested including acceptable proof of age, marriage certificate, divorce decree and related agreements, as well as all name change documents, if applicable.
- Sign up for direct deposit for your pension benefit payments. You can sign up for direct deposit online or by returning an Authorization for Automatic Deposits form (PDF) to the Fund Office.